Ready2Work is a tailored, paid work placement program for young people who have work experience and are otherwise work ready but have been effected by the COVID-19 pandemic in the last 18 months.
How Does It Work?
Ready2Work provides full-time employment (30 hours per week) for the young person in their field of interest for a 12-week period.
Workshops & Skills Development
As a participant, you will have individualized case management prior to and during your placement. Your case manager will work from your experience and skill level to find opportunities for you to enhance your current skill set through workshops and training in subjects like:
- Benefits of Effective Communication
- Getting to Know Yourself Inventory
- Interview Preparation
- Employability Skills
- Preparing for the World of Work
To be a candidate for the Ready2Work program you must be:
- Aged 15-30
- Have a social insurance number (we can help you obtain one if needed)
- Have faced barriers or difficulties in obtaining work in the past
- Are punctual, responsible and highly motivated to work
- Employment has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic in the last 18 months (ie: hours cut, laid off, duties restricted, etc).
To be considered for either Skills4Success or Ready2Work, please follow these steps:
- Fill out the application and send it to us along with your resume.
- An Employment Case Manager will contact you to attend a mandatory information session.
- Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- Successful applicants will be contacted if accepted.
It’s not what you can do for us. It’s what we can do for you!
Ready2Work participants are carefully screened, many having existing experience in the workforce, but are just looking for the right fit with the right supports.
The Link Youth and Family Supports Employment Case Managers provide continuous supports (minimum weekly) to both the youth and employer during the 12 week quality work opportunity.
If you’re looking to fill vacant positions, need to scale up, or simply want to know more for future reference, please call Johanna Kroetsch at (431) 338-8509
We are grateful to the following local businesses who partner with MYS to offer quality employment experiences. They are recognized here, across our social media channels, and in our annual report each year.
MLS Management Inc.