The Youth Care Practitioner Support Mentors are exceptional Child & Youth Care Workers who work with, and serve as a model for, other YCPs. They participate in regular shifts in the Healing Homes along side the regular shift workers providing guidance and developmental learning. They also respond, as directed, in times of crisis or disruption within a Healing Home and sometimes cover shifts when other YCPs are not available.
At times, the Youth Care Support Mentors engage in specific contracts with other YCPs in order to focus on specific areas of learning and development.
Regular travel is required to our offices in The Pas, Thompson and Winnipeg, MB.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Youth Care Practitioner Support Mentor include, but are not limited to;
- Provide ongoing role modeling of exceptional CYC practice for Healing Home YCPs;
- Engage in developmental learning with Healing Home YCPs;
- Promote relational engagement between youth and YCPs;
- Support Healing Homes in times of crisis or other struggles;
- Promote the development of a Relational CYC Approach in the Healing Homes;
- Promote a culture of learning and development among Healing Home YCPs;
- Cover shifts, exceptionally, when no one else is available, or until replacement arrives.
For more information about qualifications and experience required for this position and to apply please visit our employment portal.