9 months ago
The Residential Support Mentor provides independent living supports to young adults who may have intellectual disabilities and/or mental health issues, and who experience barriers to living independently in the community. Being an active role model. Empowering individuals to gain and maintain independent living situations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Residential Support Mentor include, but are not limited to:
- Support residents with the preparation, implementation, and follow through of the Person-Centered Plan in conjunction with the support network;
- Maintain positive and effective communication with residents, families, supervisors, agencies, co-workers, and community at large;
- Support residents with their person centered planning process; assist residents with the management of their personal funds; assist the residents to manage within their financial limits; assist in the management of household funds where required;
- Attend to residents’ physical, emotional and medical care, support and model the expected behaviour of self-care, encourage the positive outcome; encourage and assist each resident to participate in the daily living activities and responsibilities of their personal lives;
- Complete necessary documentation and records accurately in accordance with policy and procedures, Residential Care Licensing and Family Services requirements; individual logs, communication logs, and daily reports, financial records, medical information (seizure, health, MAR sheet, medical appointments);
- Ensure property maintenance, ensure compliance with fire safety regulations, following proper hygiene and hazardous waste disposal requirement, and report and attend to unsafe conditions and equipment;
- Complete risk assessment for the individuals; ensure safe food intake, support them in preparation of food, supervise them in identified risk areas;
- Be a team player; participate in all staff meetings, participate in professional development; form positive supportive relationship with other staff members;
- Assist in the training and orientation of new staff; act as a positive role model, act as a resource, include new staff as a team player, give and receive feedback and encouragement.
This job is Expired