The Payroll Specialist assists with daily payroll duties, answers employee inquiries, processes a biweekly payroll cycle for employees, provides timely and accurate payroll information, quarterly accruals, and monthly account reconciliations as requested by managers and accounting department. The Payroll Specialist is responsible for accurate and timely completion of full-cycle activities of the payroll functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of the Payroll Specialist include, but are not limited to the following:
- Processes payroll for salaried and casual employees, including new hires, transfers and resignations;
- Verifies time sheets, performs calculations, balances, inputs and transmits the biweekly payroll;
- Calculates time sheets, allocates and inputs hours for contracted workers;
- Calculates and verifies employee sick, vacation, and salary increments;
- Maintains the HRIS system, regularly updating employee information, ensuring all information is kept current;
- Investigates and follows up in a timely manner on any payroll discrepancies and inquiries presented by employees or supervisors;
- Prepares quarterly accruals from current journal entries and downloads into the financial system;
- Processes current pay journal entries received from external payroll service provider and downloads into the financial system;
- Prepares and processes information and adjustments for all tax forms including T4/T4A/T2200’s;
To learn more about requirements and qualifications required to success in this position and to apply, please visit our employment portal.