The incumbent is responsible for direct client intervention, conducting assessments, developing intervention plans, consultation, providing therapeutic programming, and caregiver training.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: of the Occupational Therapist include, but are not limited to:
- Completes occupational therapy assessments with referred clients to identify strengths and needs;
- Utilizes standardized testing (if necessary) as a component of the assessment process;
Direct Service and Treatment
- Provides direct occupational therapy services as needed to assist clients in gaining skills for everyday life, school, and relationships;
- Supports clients to identify and work toward realistic goals;
- Manages client caseload and prioritizes appropriately;
- Meets regularly with the Clinical team for collaboration and planning;
- Assesses the need for therapeutic groups and implements accordingly;
- Assists the team in problem-solving to address client issues;
- Facilitates topic-specific training sessions as needed;
- Assists with service navigation and referral to community resources as needed.
Continuity of Care
- Engages caregivers and care team in the assessment and treatment process;
- Attends staff meetings and contributes to the overall functioning of the agency by assuming appropriate additional responsibilities as needed;
- Maintains appropriate clinical documentation and fulfills administrative duties;
- Shares relevant information with and provides consultation to collateral agencies such as Child and Family Service agencies and schools;
- Works within the context of the interdisciplinary team to implement direct, consultative, or mediated models of service.
- Maintains professional development by attending workshops, reading, and clinical consultation on a regular basis;
- Meets the yearly licensing requirements of the College of Occupational Therapists of Manitoba;
- Performs all duties professionally, ethically, and with integrity;
- Familiarizes themselves with social policy, issues, trends, and practices in the field, as well as needs, gaps, or opportunities that may improve the lives of persons with youth/children, or which promote social justice, equality, or accessibility.
To learn more about the requirements and qualifications of this position, and to apply, visit our careers portal.