The Link: Youth and Family Supports launched its newest social enterprise Velotecha in Winter of 2020. Hailed as Winnipeg’s newest bike service, Velotecha is a practical response to winter storage challenges for bike commuters and a way to help youth in our community...
Your Support Matters
Your gift makes a difference for nearly 10,000 children, youth and families every year by helping provide critical wraparound resources and supports.
Here are just a few examples of how, when you donate to The Link: Youth and Family Supports, you stabilize children and families in Manitoba:
- Provide basic needs for homeless youth, like nutritious meals, clothing, bus tickets & more.
- Create post-secondary scholarships for youth in or from care.
- Facilitate transportation for youth to and from our programs.
- Provide recreational opportunities, like swimming, camping & more.
- Support land-based programs that create opportunities for youth and families to connect to Indigenous culture, ceremony & knowledge.
- Funds specialized training that builds life skills, confidence and self-esteem.
- Gives vital supports for youth preparing to live independently.
See below for the many ways you can make a gift that changes lives for Manitoba children and families in need.
Ways to Donate
We gladly accept cash, cheque, credit card or in-kind donations at our Head Office at 175 Mayfair Ave.
Forget the hassle of annual appeals and become a Milestones Monthly Donor. See below for more info.
Milestones Monthly Giving
Become a Milestones Monthly donor and make a lasting impact for kids and families for years to come. Just look at the impact:
Provides 26 hot meals to three youth in our Independent Living with Supports program which teaches them how to live independently after leaving care.
Makes it possible for 24 youth to participate in a land-based learning activity where they can learn about Indigenous history and culture.
Provides 72 hygiene kits for homeless youth, helping them stay healthy and safe and preventing the spread of viruses like COVID-19.
Helps youth participate in 48 activities and experiences throughout the year that encourage physical, mental, emotional and cultural wellness.
More Ways to Give
In Memoriam / Celebratory
In lieu of flowers or gifts, a donation to The Link: Youth and Family Supports is a meaningful way to celebrate a birthday, anniversary or the life and legacy of someone special. Donations made in honour of an individual or group will be acknowledged with a card to the honouree(s) or in the case of a memorial gift, to the loved one's family.
We can always use:
- Hygiene products
- Underwear & pajamas
- New or gently used outerwear & clothing.
- Furniture & household items.
- Tickets to sports, arts or cultural events.
- Cellphones & calling cards
You can choose to leave a lasting legacy by making a bequest in your Will or through a life insurance policy. You can also set up a charitable trust that provides you with income today & help youth in the future. These are gifts that keep on giving and leave a lasting testament to your life and values.
Thank You Donors
Last year, we were humbled by the outpouring of generosity from caring individuals and organizations. Here’s a snapshot of what kindness looks like in our community:
Thank You Funders
The Link: Youth and Family Supports is forever grateful to the following funders for their ongoing support and the stability it provides for youth and families.
Our charitable registration number is 131215196 RR0001.